Growth and development are often criticized for poor planning and perpetuating urban sprawl. At Miller’s Landing we’re taking another approach. We’re using Smart Growth concepts into our new mixed-used development in Castle Rock, CO. Castle Rock consistently rates as one of the best places to live and start a business in Colorado. Miller’s Landing will maintain, and enhance, the town’s appeal.
Castle Rock is a popular and growing Denver suburb located south of the city along the I-25 corridor. Its mix of small-town charm, excellent schools, access to good jobs and cultural and recreational amenities make it a desirable location for well-educated, highly skilled professionals and the businesses that employ them.
A Smart Development Paradigm
From the initial planning phase, we’ve incorporated Smart Growth concepts into our plans. Miller’s Landing is creating a walkable, modern mixed-use development on a strategically located 65-acre site in town. It’s a dynamic town center supported by a mix of business, retail, entertainment and hospitality.
Smart Growth is a planning concept that emphasizes walkable, sustainable development and communities. While definitions of Smart Growth vary, some of its key features include:
- Mixed land use development
- Safe, walkable and bicycle-friendly areas
- Sustainable buildings
- Focus development on in-fill and brownfields within a community
- Preservation of open space and natural beauty
- Attractive communities with a strong sense of place
- Development in conjunction with existing community assets
- Encourage stakeholder and community involvement
Miller’s Landing meets all of these criteria. We worked in partnership with the Town of Castle Rock, state and local governments, business groups and the community to remove an old landfill and redevelop a once blighted parcel of land located in the heart of town. Our goal — to create a development that enhances the community and provides increased business, entertainment and recreation opportunities. It’s destined to be a top spot for commercial real estate in the Denver area.
Unlike many older business parks, Miller’s Landing is a well-designed community with a sense of place. It includes an easy connection to downtown Castle Rock by way of a regional trail and a pedestrian-oriented main street. It features abundant open space and sustainable, energy efficient buildings. Miller’s Landing is a location that will attract a well-educated workforce and local residents alike with its unique mix of professional opportunities, entertainment and recreation.
Miller’s Landing Features:
- Modern office space with healthy, energy efficient systems and high-tech interconnectivity
- A resort hotel and spa
- Retail, restaurant and entertainment options
- Ample open space and breathtaking views of the Colorado Rockies
- Recreation, with easy access to Philip S. Miller Park, the region’s leading recreation park
A dynamic business location, mixed with vibrant food, entertainment and shopping options, make Miller’s Landing the preferred place for community gatherings and individual exploration. It’s an exciting place to build your future. Be a part of it.