Smart Growth Enhances Community Reputation
At Miller’s Landing, a new mixed-use development in Castle Rock, CO, we’re employing Smart Growth concepts to ensure the development enhances the town’s reputation as one of the best places to live in the country.
When completed, Miller’s Landing will feature a bicycle and pedestrian-friendly town center. The town center will include an enticing mix of retail and dining locations along with attractive multi-family housing and modern offices.
Incorporating Smart Growth Principles
Smart Growth emphasizes walkable, sustainable mixed-used developments and communities.
Key Smart Growth features include
- Safe, Walkable and bicycle-friendly areas
- Sustainable buildings
- Focus development on in-fill and brownfields within a community
- Preservation of open space and natural beauty
- Attractive communities with a strong sense of place
- Development occurs in conjunction with existing community assets
- Stakeholder and community involvement
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) report “Smart Growth and Economic Success: The Business Case,” businesses that locate in areas that incorporate Smart Growth principles enjoy economic benefits.
“A study that classified 66 places within the Washington, D.C., metropolitan region based on their walkability found that a 19-point increase in walkability (out of 94 possible points) was associated with an 80 percent increase in retail sales,” reports the EPA.
The agency goes on to list other benefits enjoyed by businesses that locate in Smart Growth areas.
Benefits to Businesses
- Increased productivity and innovation. “An environment that enables and encourages social interaction both within and among firms leads to more idea exchange, innovation, and collaboration,” states the EPA.
- Improves the ability to compete for labor. The EPA reports that, “many professionals and recent college graduates prefer to live near where they work and to be able to walk to shops, restaurants, and entertainment.”
- Stronger retail sales. According to the EPA, “The advantages of choosing a regional location with smart growth features can increase profits.”
About Miller’s Landing
P3 Advisors is creating Miller’s Landing, a new mixed-used development in one of the most popular home towns in Colorado. Miller’s Landing will feature a pedestrian and bicycle-friendly town center, modern offices and multi-family housing.
The new development is within easy walking and bicycling distance to downtown Castle Rock and nearby Philip S. Miller Park, one of the region’s top outdoor recreation destinations. Miller’s Landing also features large swaths of open space with panoramic views of the Colorado Front Range.
It’s an ideal location for retail, dining and entertainment businesses, corporate headquarters and satellite offices, and offices for smaller businesses.
About Castle Rock, Colorado
Castle Rock is a popular community in the south Denver metropolitan area. Located in the I-25 corridor, the town offers easy access to big city amenities in nearby Denver and Colorado Springs along with small-town charm and an outstanding lifestyle.
Livability.com rated the town as one of the eight up and coming small cities close to major metro areas in the U.S.
Let’s Create the Future
We welcome you to explore your options at Miller’s Landing and join us as we create the future together.