COVID-19 has created a new normal in workplace design. At Miller’s Landing in Castle Rock, CO, we are creating workplaces that meet these needs. Healthy, inviting offices with flexible space for innovative office designs. It’s one more reason Miller’s Landing is one of the best places to start a business in Colorado.
Without a doubt, COVID-19 has changed how we work and live, including an increase in the number of people who work from home. Yet despite these changes companies still want and need office space.
Miller’s Landing is creating an exciting new multi-use development. We’re building a vibrant town center supported by high-tech businesses, retail, entertainment, and a major resort hotel and conference center. Located on a 65-acre site in the heart of town, Miller’s Landing is one of the premier commercial real estate opportunities in the Denver area.
Castle Rock is a popular and rapidly growing south metro Denver suburb along the I-25 corridor. It’s consistently rated as one of the best places to live and start a business in the state.
New Normal Workplace Designs
A number of leading workplace health experts and leading commercial real estate companies are creating workplace designs to meet the needs of the new normal.
An article in Fast Company outlines possible new normal workplace designs. One is from global real estate giant Cushman & Wakefield called the “6 Feet Office.” It shows office designers how to incorporate six feet of social distancing in the office. Based on designs currently in use in many hospitals, the 6 Feet Office features large circles and other visual cues on the floor to mark out safe distances between employees.
Health and wellness consulting firm Delos offers the following recommendations to maintain healthy work environments and support employees:
- Demonstrate genuine concern for employee health and safety
- Monitor employee work interactions to remediate potential health issues and to prevent new flare-ups
- Implement infection control strategies that directly focus on minimizing viral load in the air and on high-touch surfaces
Other new normal workplace design ideas include:
- Creating one-way traffic flow in offices to reduce “pinch points” and the possibility of collisions and close contact
- Reducing capacity in some rooms such as conference rooms
- Installing clear shields at desks
- Moving from densely compacted shared office spaces to more open designs with ample room between work places
- Replacing shared food and drinks, such as cans of coffee, bags of chips, etc. with individually packaged product.
Holistic Designs Promote Health and Well-Being
Long before COVID-19 entered the picture, Miller’s Landing was incorporating holistic design strategies into its office plans. Our holistic workplaces meet the needs of new normal workplace designs. They include modern HVAC systems for healthy, clean air that minimizes exposure to harmful contaminants. And ample space for open floorplans and large windows to let in natural light.
They are inviting spaces where workers feel safe, happy and productive.
A New Concept in Development
Miller’s Landing is not your typical multi-use development. We offer an exciting mix of office space, retail and restaurant options, and a resort hotel and conference center surrounded by open space with breathtaking views of the Colorado Rockies.
At Miller’s Landing we are committed to working in partnership with businesses to create healthy, inviting workplaces that meet the needs of employees in the new normal. Join us as we create an exciting future together.