Retail Moving to Digital Processes
The retail market is undergoing a move to digital processes that promise to revolutionize how retailers and consumers interact. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, leading retailers were integrating increasing amounts of technology into their customer-facing and behind-the-scenes operations. The retail digital transformation is being driven in large part by consumer demand. As consumers experience the convenience offered by other digital applications, they expect retailers to provide similar services.
Despite the disruption to the retail market caused by the pandemic and changes to shopping patterns, forward-thinking retailers are implementing innovative new digital tools to improve the shopping experience and generate new revenue streams.
Prepared for the Retail Digital Transformation
This new technology requires a robust digital interconnectivity network. At Miller’s Landing in Castle Rock, CO, we’re prepared for the digital revolution. Miller’s Landing is a new multi-use development that includes a built-in digital interconnectivity infrastructure. The multi-carrier, robust and redundant converged network will provide retail tenants, visitors and other businesses with connectivity technology to participate in the digital economy.
Benefits to Retailers
According to Codete, a software development and IT consulting company, retailers need to embrace the digital transformation or be left behind. In an online posting titled “Digital Transformation in Retail: Benefits, Trends, Case Studies,” the company states “Retailers who want to prepare for the future need to acknowledge that only digital transformation initiatives can help them capture valuable customer data, transform it into meaningful insights, and use them to gain a competitive edge.”
Digital technology offers a number of benefits to retailers including:
- Ability to gather large amounts of data on consumer behavior and preferences. This information is the basis for creating new services that match what consumers what and need.
- Easier and better connections with customers. These includes websites, mobile applications, social media and chatbots, which increase opportunities for customer engagement and boost customer loyalty.
- Convenience. Digital technology will automate many internal processes to give employees more time to focus on customer service and improve the customer experiences. In addition, artificial intelligence tools can help customers shop in new ways, such as by sending product recommendations by chatbots.
- Use cloud-based technologies for smoother operations. Cloud-based tools can automate processes and help retailers gather consumer data to improve customer support and services.
- Supply chain management. Digital technology can help retailers manage every step of the supply chain, helping them avoid disruptions and get the products they need.
- Improve customer experiences. The goal of the retail digital transformation is to better understand customer preferences, offer higher-quality services and improve the shopping experience. It will provide customers with the information they want and help them find the products they need.
- Increased revenue. Digital technology may also help retailers engage in new selling channels and reach wider audiences while also improving services in brick and mortar stores.
Digital Interconnectivity from Day One
Miller’s Landing will provide businesses and visitors with the connectivity technology they need to take full advantage of the digital world. We’re building a robust technology infrastructure that is purpose-built to meet the needs of Miller’s Landing.
Unlike other technology infrastructures, Miller’s Landing is using the SmartTown design method. SmartTown employs a people-centered approach that focuses on user needs. SmartTown ensures that our infrastructure design meets user needs before we select or install a technology.
Miller’s Landing features a pedestrian-friendly town center that includes retail and entertainment, a resort hotel and spa, conference and meeting facilities, modern offices and ample open space with easy access to some of the area’s best outdoor recreation.
Miller’s Landing is located in Castle Rock, CO, a popular community located on the I-25 corridor in the south Denver metro area. Its mix of small-town living, easy access to big-city amenities and supportive business environment, make it the best place to locate your business in the Denver area.
Join us. Let’s build the future together.