People. People. People.
Castle Rock Demographics - Our Community is Trending up, up. We are Dynamic and Vibrant.
The Castle Rock Community is much more than a bunch of facts and figures, but that's a good place to start.
Find out why so many are proud to call Castle Rock home.
While just outside the Denver metro area, Castle Rock has its own historic downtown and economic vibrancy. Its affluent population creates a stable demand for convenient goods and services – and a ready source of skilled workers. The town has a broad spectrum of office parks, retail centers and commercial properties, while still offering development opportunities in order to meet future needs as Castle Rock’s business community grows.
- Douglas County grew 191 percent between 1990 and 2000 making it the fastest growing county in the U.S. in the decade.
- It grew another 63 percent from 2000 to 2007, ranking 11th nationally.
- Douglas County is rated as the ninth highest-income counties by median household income.
- Castle Rock’s population changed by 19.5 percent from 2010 to 2016 and another 5.1 percent from 2016 to 2017.
- Castle Rock is one of the 7 fastest growing cities in America, according to recent U.S. Census Data (May 2017).
- With an expected annual growth rate of about 6 percent per year, it is estimated that the Town population will reach 100,000 by 2060.
Let's Explore some of the Castle Rock Demographics!
Population with Projections
Median age is 36.
Castle Rock’s residents are among the most educated in the United States.